Re: RE: MSD Opinions

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Mon Sep 11 2000 - 20:15:36 EDT

In a message dated 9/11/00 6:47:08 PM Eastern Daylight Time, bernd@texas.net
writes:

<< Okay, I knw it was just talked about, but how much is the digital deal
worth
 over the regular 6A system? AND, what coil should I run with either one of
 them? What kinda results did you all get when you put it on???

 Thanks a lot guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 TJ
 1992 V8 Dakota 4x4
 DT Headers, Flowmaster, K&N FIPK, Ram air hood >>

TJ

I get a lot of flack over this, been around for years but I have a 93 v8 and
a MSD 6A which I DO NOT use except when running juice. I built a setup to
allow switching between stock and MSD but use the Blaster 3 coil either way.
I drag race regularly and have found a 2 tenths and 2 mph loss when using the
MSD on the motor. Another person using the drag strip as a test bed tried a
Jacobs Pro Street on a 96 Dak with similar results. Now I have heard of
documented gains from others using them. But I know for a fact and can prove
it any day at the track that I lose performance with the MSD. I contacted MSD
and tried everything they suggested, even replaced the unit but same results
??? Yours being a 92 would have the same or very similar stock setup as mine
sooo just a comment to ya on if you get the 6A don't be too optimisitic for
improvements. I would certainly like to see ya bolt one on and fly but I'm
doubtful that would happen. Jon Steiger and Chris, who race with me
ocasionally, have seen the results on mine as a couple of times I made some
runs on the juice and forgot to switch back to stock and dialed what I know I
could run but came up 2 tenths and 2 mph shy losing to one of those guys.
They loved it, laughed all the way home. Cannot explain why but I think it
would be a waste of money. I do not know anything about the digital, maybe
they would work OK ??

My 2 cents again
Bill