Re: RE: Ok, I got this really crazy idea......

From: durling@attglobal.net
Date: Mon Sep 11 2000 - 22:54:51 EDT

I'll second the detroit diesel using the setup. I have a '74 suburban with a 453
turbocharged and supercharged detroit diesl putting out a whopping 96 hp. But on
the other hand it turn 2300lb ft of torque at 1200rpm. Don't ask why it's in a
suburban a friend's fathers idea. Drove it for years to tow his rv's around the
country with. The body is falling apart but you can flick the key even after
letting it sit for 4 months and it just turn right over. Oh, I know all of this
is not dak related except abot the turbo and supercharger but it's mated to an
allison 753 tranny for you gearheads. Still would like to build a streetrod
diesel. I think if it's built right it would be very fast....BTW, the engine was
put in when the sub had only 4,500 miles on the odometer...he didn't like the
stock 454!

Jeff Durling
'96 RC Sport