Re: NYIRP

From: Jon Steiger (jon@dakota-truck.net)
Date: Tue Sep 12 2000 - 00:57:06 EDT

At 07:55 PM 9/8/00 -0400, you wrote:
>In a message dated 9/8/00 7:27:27 AM Eastern Daylight Time, tigers@bserv.com
>writes:
>
><< As Roy Rogers used to sing, " I'm back in the saddle again ...".
>
> I guess that you went on a Wed. night? I wouldn't mind
> coming down to that track before the season ends ...
> new timer, $8, and a bunch of fast Daks. Are there any
> motels nearby and any idea how I would get there from
> the Peace Bridge (or is it better to cross at the Niag. Falls
> bridge)? >>
>
>Right on Bob, kind of like he never left the saddle :-)
>
>I'm sure we could find you a motel within a few minutes of the track and we
>would love to have make it down. The wednesday night deal is a lot of fun. It
>is not a points night so everyone is a lot more laid back and easy going.
>They also have the truck class only on wed night. Usually if ya git there by
>6:30 or so you can get in 4 to 6 runs before they start the brackets at
>around 8:00. And if you go out of the brackets early then you can get back
>into the time trial line and keep running. They are a good bunch of folks and
>a very enjoyable night which I'm sure Jon and Chris would agree to. Hope you
>can make it. I'll let Jon do ya the directions he is more familiar with your
>route cababilities.

   Yep, lots O fun. :-) (Especially when I win.) ;-) Its a great track,
great people, and cheap admission! (I think it was declared the
best/fastest track in the country after the Empire Nationals last
year. There's a LONG concrete pad before the asphalt starts.) That's
kind've misleading though since they use the traction compound at the
national events.

   Anyway, if you're interested in coming down there are only 4 wed. nights
left in this season. (Oct. 4th is the last one.)

TTYL!

                                               -Jon-

   .--- Jon Steiger ---- jon@dakota-truck.net or stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu ---.
   | Affiliations: AOPA, DoD, EAA, NMA, NRA, SPA, USUA; Rec & UL Pilot - SEL |
   | '92 Ram 150 4x4 V8, '96 Dakota V8, '96 Intruder 1400, '96 FireFly 447 |
   `------------------------------ http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/ ----'