Re: Po'Boy Intake?

From: Marty Galyean (mgalyean@acm.org)
Date: Tue Sep 12 2000 - 01:17:10 EDT

Sorry to pee on the wheaties, but there is one serious thing to consider when
using PVC fittings and pipe on the intake. If it shatters in an accident
pieces can easily get sucked into the intake and melt in your heads and on
your cylinder walls and rings causing instant friction. Something to think
about as this would likely require a rebuild. An ABS plastic would be much
better (like stock air box etc) doesn't shatter nearly as easily (abs =
antiballistic something; i.e. shock resistant). No idea where you'd get it in
the shape you want though. I think I will go with the metal then insulate it.