Po'Boy Intake?

From: Tim J Koth (Tim.J.Koth@aexp.com)
Date: Tue Sep 12 2000 - 15:44:32 EDT

The internal diameter of the stock flex tubing is much larger than the
internal diameter of the pipe inside the square air hat on the top of the
engine. If you are worried about the flex tube causing problems then you
should lose the big square air hat as well. In any case, the stock flex tubing
is at least a half inch larger than the throttle body opening. I use the
stock flex pipe on my 4.7 Po-Boy and it stretched over the outside diameter of
the 3" PVC pipe. I think my setup screams and it has a flex point to prevent
stresses and it banging on things. Just something to think about.....