Re: Oil Pressure || WasHello

From: Mark A. Vallar (dakota@vallar.net)
Date: Tue Sep 12 2000 - 19:29:29 EDT

I noticed when I hot restart my oil pressure takes a long time (10-20 sec)
to come up enough to turn the "check gauges" light off. When I start it
cold the pressure jumps right up. Really makes me kinda nervous since I
just bought it. Has 89K on it now. Bought it from a DC dealer locally so
it has a Mopar oil filter on it (bad anti-drain back valve on the filter??),
although I don't know what oil the dealer put in it must be the same they
use to service everything that comes into the shop so I don't imagine they
would be using some thing other that 5W-30 or maybe 10W-30.
Anyone know of oil pressure probs on Gen III Dak's

Mark A. Vallar -- Allentown, PA
'97 CC 4X4 SLT 5.2L Auto 3.55 LSD