Houston meet - borrow sticky tires from someone??

From: Brian Lee (brian7910@home.com)
Date: Wed Sep 13 2000 - 02:05:56 EDT

Hey guys...

Getting ready for the Houston meet here (and the 10hr drive - not!!) -
Autolite 3923s, new gear oil, and a new EGR valve. Looking forward to
racing again this year. Maybe I can take myself out of the race twice in
two rounds again this year...woohoo! heh...

Anyhow, I'm dying to get into the 14s(and I will be hella pissed if I don't
make it), and know I pretty much have the setup, but I don't relish the
idea of trying to launch my 4150 lb truck on 255/60 street tires with a
4.10 gear, sooooooo basically I'm asking, well begging =) for someone to
let me borrow their slicks, DOTs, or BFG drag radials for just one or two
runs during the morning test and tune.....PLEASE!! I just wanna see how
fast I can go on the current combo.

Now for a redneck-ish question. Gene, Mike, Jim, or anyone else...Would
they kick my ass off the track at HRP if I ran sans hood? As dumb as it
sounds, it works - worth .2s or so (free fresh air and all) and only takes
5-10 mins to takeoff/on. At my home track, they don't care(hell, if a car
has most of it's lug nuts, it passes tech there..), but I'm not too sure
about the hood thing at a real track. Thanks for any help guys...

See you guys/gals there!!

Brian Lee
93 Dak
14s?? I hope!