Re: computer

From: Charles Wyman (cewyma@roushind.com)
Date: Wed Sep 13 2000 - 10:36:48 EDT

I did when I had the dealer flash my new Mopar PCM. Since my truck came from the factory with 31"x10.5" and I added the R/T rims with 275/60/R17's they were able to change the factory settings to use the R/T settings. According to my dealer there are only a few pre-programmed tires sizes in the computer and they can only match it to one of them. Since there was a difference of about 1" in the tire diameters I wanted to make sure my speedometer & odometer were reading right...I didn't want my OD to read higher than mileage I actually was putting on. Also, if you have the overhead display that keeps track of your mpg, etc...it will be more accurate if you have the right tire size programed.

If you went with a different size tire than what would come on any stock dak, I don't think the dealer will be able to change the settings.

Chuck
'00 Flame Red Durango SLT+
5.9L, 4x4, 3.92 LSD, R/T wheels (Goodyear Eagle GT II 275/60/R17)
2.5" Dynomax Magnum Race Series cat back exhaust, Mopar Performance PCM
Quick-D T-body & intake, Autolite 3923 plugs, Mobil 1 oil & filter
best 1/4 mile (stock): 16.08 @ 84 mph
best 1/4 mile (modified): 15.63 @ 91.3 mph (0-60 mph 7.1 secs)
www.geocities.com/papa_c_d/
cewyma@roushind.com