Re: Re: RE: Re: Ignition Parts

From: Terry Herrin (therrin@isaac.net)
Date: Wed Sep 13 2000 - 21:48:34 EDT

"jay & dana" <jay&dana@telus.net> wrote:
>I'm confused about aftermarket performance coils too when the dealers send
>me stuff like this! You said you have the Blaster SS coil for your truck,
>does this bolt in directly (mounts) to where the stock coil was? MSD shows

No, it does not. If you would like to see one and where I mounted it,
I have a picture on my web page. I left the stock coil where it was.
I can change back to the stock ignition in less than a minute. This
is important for several reasons. One, the MSD ignition I am running
can interfere with the computer that a dealer hooks up for diagnosis.
I always change back to stock before taking the truck in to a dealer.
Two, if the MSD dies I can switch over to the stock ignition and I'm
on my way. Three, if the engine isn't running right I can easily
switch back to stock and eliminate the MSD as the cause of the
problem.

Terry Herrin
99 FR CC RT
14.769 @ 91.43
Wilmington, NC
Dakota R/T Club,Executive Board,SE Region
http://users.isaac.net/therrin/dakota.html