Re: Re: DML : ROAD RAGE

From: Marty Galyean (mgalyean@acm.org)
Date: Fri Sep 15 2000 - 22:12:33 EDT

I know how frustrating driving in traffic can be! I hate that crap.

Not sure about your state/local laws, but it would be a shame if you got
hauled in for 'brandishing a firearm'.

My rule is: If I'm not seriously ready and convinced I am legally justifide to
use deadly force, I don't even reach for it, much less show it. See the
problem comes when the guy's buddy, behind the car, shoots you and tells the
jury, "It was self defense, he had a gun plainly in sight, and he was angry,
and I thought he was going to kill us!"

Even joking in a public forum about using a gun in rage when your life is not
in immediate threat fuels the furnaces of the gun-haters and does zero service
to the pro-gun cause and frankly I wish you wouldn't do it.

Guns, and the struggle to keep them and our liberty, is serious as all shit.
No joke.

If I have misinterpreted your words or tone, then I apologize. Just calling
them as I see them, not as they may actually be.

Marty