Broke a Stang!, Best Quarter Time.

From: AlexNReed (alexreed@home.com)
Date: Sat Sep 16 2000 - 00:30:09 EDT

Hey Guys,

What a day at Atlanta Dragway. A few daks showed up, one that was built
the same week with the same equipment, color and just about everthing.
Scary watching it go done the track, felt like I should have been
driving it. Anyway, on my first time trial I pair up with a new Mustang
Cobra, we start and I had him on the r-time .618 to his 1.20 and had him
at the 1/8th and he must have seen me starting to really pass him
because he must have tried to powershift it or something and I heard a
lot of little pops and nasting noises that sound of metal grinding. He
blew it up! He outdrove himself, or tried to outdrive me? You be the
judge. Hehe.
There quite a few Lightnings there, running in the 14.20 range. Saw a
really nice looking one that was silver with the light hitting it just
right, looked pretty good for a ford.
Here is a summery of the nights runs, keep in mind that I have a '99
Ext. 2wd. 318 5spd. 3.55 lsd with only a flowmaster muffler and cold air
induction the only performace mods. Dont forget the weight of the
Roll'n'lock bed cover and light bar. Here goes:

1.)16.77@83.03 - kept 3rd, 1500 launch, 31.5psi rear tires
2.)16.72@83.33 -
" "
3.)16.99@82.42 - went 4th, 1500 launch, 28.0psi rear tires
4.)16.48@83.96 - kept 3rd, 2000 launch, 28.0psi rear tires
5.)17.20@81.67 - was watching a blond instead of the tree
6.)16.74@83.64 - kept 3rd, 2200 launch, 28.0psi rear tires
7.)16.54@83.49 -
" "
8.)16.89@83.49 - call me Mr. Consistancy, no typo, trap was the same!

What do you think? I am still debating on shocks, leaning toward the
Bilsteins but the Rancho 9k's can be set, what to do?

What computer chip or module gives the best bang for the buck? Let me
know please!
Mopar, Jet, Hypertech, etc. etc....

Thanks guys and gals.