Re: Anybody else? 4.7L cannot hold steady idle when warm?

From: MALDBNSF@aol.com
Date: Sat Sep 16 2000 - 05:46:18 EDT

How dose your dealer spell LEMON?

Don Mallett
Geocities.com/maldbnsf

In a message dated Sat, 16 Sep 2000 5:38:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time, "Pilot.dog" <pilot.dog@gte.net> writes:

<< Hi all.
I have a quick question. I have a 4.7 that still will not hold a steady
idle when coasting to a stop. Manual transmission, in neutral, foot off the
clutch engine warm, the speed will vary from 400 up to 1000 RPM at times.
Not just up and down; but up and down like a roller coaster.

Also the engine has stalled in a couple of these down events. Yep engine
just dies, now that's a fun one to watch the 105 pound wife try to steer
when the power steering dies. :) NOT!

Been to the dealer 3 times, and their answers were.
#1, We don't know.
#2, We don't know, lets put a testing device on it.
#3, This is probably just the normal operation of the vehicle.

So here comes the 64,000 byte question. Does anybody else have this
problem? Because if they do I would like to write a letter to Chrysler and
point out that it could be a real problem for them in the future should
these trucks just quit like mine does. Or am I just a lucky one and found
the only dealer in North America that seems unable to trouble shoot a
problem or unwilling.

You can email me directly at mailto:pilot.dog@gte.net I would be very
interested in hearing from you all.

Over all I love the truck it just has this annoying habbit of occasionally
dieing.

Shhhh Sleeping Newfie.
Please don't trip over the watchdogs!"