Re: Autolite 3923's in a 4.7?

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Sat Sep 16 2000 - 11:22:03 EDT

At 12:05 AM 9/16/00 -0700, you wrote:
>How well do these plugs work in a 4.7L? Any noticeable performance
>differences? I know the stock should be gapped to .40, but if I wanted a
>little better performance, would it kill to gap at .35? william

I can't say about the 4.7 but I use them in the 5.2 gapped at 0.035
with the stock coil. I tried a set at the track gapped at 0.040
with the Accel Supercoil but got one or two really small misfires
just before crossing the line. I'm planning on trying them at the track
at 0.35 with the Accel Supercoil.

Bob. Ont, Canada.
'97 Dakota CC, 5.2L, 4x2, 3.92 SG, auto., 4265 lb.
PB: 14.737 @ 91.75 9.364 @ 72.95