Re: It's happening again

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Sat Sep 16 2000 - 11:24:48 EDT

At 10:43 AM 9/16/00 EDT, you wrote:
>about 10 thousand miles ago my Tranny started acting up going into 2nd from
>1st when mashing the throttle. It would get up to around 4K rpm's and then
>jump way into red line, and if I didn't lift throttle soon enough it would
>hit the revlimiter. Well after several talks with service departments we
>finally figured out it was the inlet/outlet sensor. They told me that those
>are known for messing up all the time. Well I finally got it fixed and WOW
>what a difference it was. But now about 3K miles later it's already doing it
>again, WTF!! Has anyone else had any of these problems? Zeus

Do you know where this inlet/outlet sensor is located?

I had something similar to what you describe shortly after replacing
the 3.55s with 3.92s. I slacked off the TV cable a couple of notches
and it has occurred since.

Bob. Ont, Canada.
'97 Dakota CC, 5.2L, 4x2, 3.92 SG, auto., 4265 lb.
PB: 14.737 @ 91.75 9.364 @ 72.95