Re: spark plugs

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Sat Sep 16 2000 - 21:36:22 EDT

At 05:11 PM 9/16/00 -0700, you wrote:
>Everyone keeps talking about 3923 Autolites. The engine in my truck is
>still stock for now so is there anything wrong with the 5224's that is
>recommended for this engine by Autolite?

No.

>What's the difference between 3923's and 5224's that is recommended for
>my engine besides being colder plugs.

The 392x series is listed for the magnum 360 but will also work on the
magnum 318. The 392x series has 'regular' style tips while the 522x
series have the thicker/projected style tips recommended for truck use.
The 392x series is better suited for 'performance' engines. The 522x
are also used on some import (European and Eastern) vehicles.

>I don't need the 3923's unless I'm out there at WOT constantly like
>others on the DML. Or am I wrong?

You are not wrong. But, being a range colder (as is the 5223 as well),
it sometime eliminates a slight pinging problem if you have one.

Bob