Re: RE: 24# injectors in!

From: Terry Herrin (therrin@isaac.net)
Date: Sun Sep 17 2000 - 12:31:19 EDT

"Bernd D. Ratsch" <bernd@texas.net> wrote:
>It's based on vacuum and load. You can hit almost 30mpg on the numbers if
>you suddenly let off the gas at 60mph. (Yes, we tried that in my buddies
>'99 R/T.)

Yes, the mpg goes way up when you let off the gas, but I was cruising
on a flat highway. The instant mpg was going up and down between
27mpg and 23mpg, staying on 25mpg most of the time. It used to bounce
around 17mpg under the same conditions. I found it hard to believe I
was really getting that kind of gas mileage, which lead me to suspect
the larger injectors were throwing off the computer somehow.

Terry Herrin
99 FR CC RT
14.769 @ 91.43
Wilmington, NC
Dakota R/T Club,Executive Board,SE Region
http://users.isaac.net/therrin/dakota.html