Re: Re: Whats the MPG for a 4 cylinder dak

From: FalRan66@aol.com
Date: Sun Sep 17 2000 - 19:55:31 EDT

In a message dated 9/17/00 7:46:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
grndak4x4@home.com writes:

<< Here is my arguement: Take a Dakota, say that weighs in at 4850 pounds. The
 4cylinder will have to work alot hard to actually get the truck up the
 speed, than will say the V6 Engine. I mean according the numbers above,
 obviously the 4cyl would get better mileage, but what about the power loss
 factor. I used to take my girlfriend's 97 Ranger(2WD 4cylinder) truck out
 every now and then. I cannot believe how underpowered than truck is. I had
 to floor the truck in 4th gear just to get up a mild hill. The 97 Ranger's
 4cyl engines are rated as follows;Based on the 2.3-liter ohv 4-cyl engine:
 Horsepower @ rpm 112 @ 4800
 Torque, lb.-ft. @ 135
 EPA fuel economy, mpg city/hwy 22/27
 Just my opinion, and I dont know how the 4cyl engine performs in a Dakota,
 but I wouldnt waste my time on them. Good Luck.
 Kyle
 93 Dakota 4x4 V6
>>Well kyle, my fathers 99 CC 318 4x4 wieghts 4,340 with a half a tank, If
i dropped the 4x4, extended cab, 31 inch tires, and knock off 4 cylinders i
could get it down to low 3G range.i mean ya the power will be different but
with a 5 spd to get the best outta it i dont think it will be that bad

    Joe
    92 5.2 3.55sg