Re: Re: Whats the MPG for a 4 cylinder dak

From: AWyseGuy@aol.com
Date: Sun Sep 17 2000 - 20:13:34 EDT

In a message dated 9/17/00 6:46:00 PM Central Daylight Time,
grndak4x4@home.com writes:

<< Just my opinion, and I dont know how the 4cyl engine performs in a Dakota,
but I wouldnt waste my time on them. Good Luck.
Kyle

The 2.5 Dakota will run circles around a Ranger.. My 95 is a 2.5 and my
roommate's Ranger has a 2.3; his truck can't begin to keep up with my Dakota.
 The Ranger likes to cruise closer to 60.. where my Dodge prefers closer to
85+90mph.... and can even catch rubber in 3 gears. I like the little 4 cyl
so much I'm working on adding a 3rd one to the collection(that needs some
motor work). If you beat them be prepared to change head gaskets every so
often; but what the hell.. that's a simple job anyway.. and most likely
what's wrong with the one I'm getting.
Aaron
95 Dakota Sport
86 Shelby Charger Turbo