Subject: Re: Whats the MPG for a 4 cylinder dak

From: mrdancer (mrdancer@camalott.com)
Date: Sun Sep 17 2000 - 23:40:38 EDT

>Here is my arguement: Take a Dakota, say that weighs in at 4850 pounds. The

Man, the new Daks are that overweight?!? Mine only weighs 3700 pounds,
complete with V8!

My opinion: If you can afford it, keep the Dak and get a VW Golf TDi for
commuting, they will easily get 50mpg - drive it nice and you can go over
800 miles on a 14-gallon tank. Other option is get a cheap used motorcycle,
but only good to use during relatively nice weather. Otherwise, if you go
4-banger, get a swb RC GenII, they are the lightest and most fuel-efficient.
A lwb or CC will put the 4-banger mpg closer to the V8, esp. if you do much
city driving.

--
'92 Dak CC 2wd 318 3.55
'84 GoldWing Interstate