Re: 4.7l spark plug install & 3923 questions

From: Marty Galyean (mgalyean@acm.org)
Date: Mon Sep 18 2000 - 09:29:18 EDT

Even with stock, if all goes normally, it doesn' t take that long.

1) remove air hat (2 bolts, 2 hose clamps)
2) remove bolts holding ac plumbing in way of plugs (2 bolts?)
3) disconnect harness electrical connectors from coils.
4) remove coils
5) remove old plugs
6) gap and install new plugs with anit-seize
7) install coils
8) reconnect harness connectors to coils
9) bolt down ac lines
10) install air hat

Takes about 30 minutes if you don't drop and search for a plug washer for 30
extra minutes etc (yes this happened).