First Pictures of Gen I Lift in Progress.

From: Walter Felix (walt_felix@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Sep 18 2000 - 09:21:48 EDT

I have started the reassembly process of my Dak. As some of you might
recall, I am installing a 4" Trailmaster suspension kit onto an 88½ Dakota
Sport. Since the kit is marketed to 91-96 model years, I am adapting it to
fit my truck. I have the rear end back in the truck, rebuilt with 4:10
gears and a locker. In the photos, you can see the front end is still
apart. I have some of the brackets it it now, and am waiting on a welding
shop who is fabricating a replacement forward cross member because the front
drive shaft doesn't clear it in the stock location. I also have to have the
front y-pipe remade as the one I had made 2 years ago also doesn't clear the
drive shaft. I still have the 31" tires on it in some the pictures, but
plan on installing 35's when completed. As you can see, the rear clears the
31's with no problems. .

I am still putting together the page with all the pics and have to add some
comments to each picture. I just wanted to show everyone what I've gotten
done so far. Haven't had allot of time to update the web pages lately.

Walt Felix
88½ Dakota Sport 4x4, 2000 Ram 1500 QuadCab Sport 4x4 and a 67 Barracuda
Coupe 340/4Speed
Walt@Walt-n-Ingrid.COM
http://WWW.Walt-n-Ingrid.COM
http://WWW.MoparsinMotion.COM