Re: Re: RE: Re: RT Question

From: Terry Herrin (therrin@isaac.net)
Date: Mon Sep 18 2000 - 21:56:49 EDT

"The Stewarts" <firebird@kymtnnet.org> wrote:
>WEll, the 00s got a different center console, beter seats, bigger injectors,
>a smaller clutch fan, and a different winshield wiper cowl. Maybe more.

Not sure about the better seats, I've heard some people say the 00
seats are not as good as the 99 seats. Personal preference, I guess.
The 00 adds an electric helper fan with the smaller clutch fan. The
coolant reservoir and windshield washer container are completely
different. The cruise control unit was moved, as this has to be taken
care of when installing a K&N Gen II made for the 99. The exhaust was
changed, with a single inlet cat and y-pipe, rather than a duel inlet
cat. The 00 crank pulley is pressed on rather than held on with
bolts, and I believe is a different size. The 00 has handles on the
front pillars beside the windshield. Some of the decal colors
changed, for example the black R/T's went from red to silver decals.
The AF color was introduced, while the SY was phased out, only a few
were made at the beginning of the 00 production run. The tachometer
redline was moved from 4800 to 5500rpm. That's all I can think of.
Anyone want to add to the list?

Terry Herrin
99 FR CC RT
14.769 @ 91.43
Wilmington, NC
Dakota R/T Club,Executive Board,SE Region
http://users.isaac.net/therrin/dakota.html