Re: Gen II heater core leakage

From: DICEMAN469@aol.com
Date: Tue Sep 19 2000 - 08:52:28 EDT

In a message dated 9/19/00 8:41:30 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
dakota1994@hotmail.com writes:

> >Has anyone else had a problem with the heater core in their GenII. I have a
> >'95 cc 318 with a/c and I'm on my 3rd heater core. They seem to last just
> >over 2 years. The first one went while the vehicle was still under
warranty
> >and I found out that the heater core wasn't covered by the warranty(hmmm,
> >seems kinda suspicious). I have a feeling that dodge knew there was a
> >design
> >flaw and thats why it wasn't covered (even by the extended protection
> >warranty). I'm interested to seee if anyone else has had the same
> >experience.
> >
> >JOHN

BULLSHIT!! They screwed you. My 95 heater core blew like 4 months after I
bought the thing. I brought it in and it was covered under full warranty. It
blew again a little over a year ago after going out of warranty and this time
I replaced it myself with a unit that looked alot beefier than stock. I have
a feeling instead of replacing them they just repair them, and that's why
they keep going. It was a huge pain in the ass to replace (mainly because of
all the additional wire I've installed for audio and other vrious
electronics) but I feel much safer knowing that I did it alot better than any
"5 star dealership" would.

-Austin
Vipertruck - "The Anti-Rice"
Supercharged 3.9L - 360 Work in progress
<A HREF="www.angelfire.com/ny/vipertruck">The Vipertruck</A>