Gen II heater core leakage

From: Pukeloser@aol.com
Date: Tue Sep 19 2000 - 02:35:23 EDT

Has anyone else had a problem with the heater core in their GenII. I have a
'95 cc 318 with a/c and I'm on my 3rd heater core. They seem to last just
over 2 years. The first one went while the vehicle was still under warranty
and I found out that the heater core wasn't covered by the warranty(hmmm,
seems kinda suspicious). I have a feeling that dodge knew there was a design
flaw and thats why it wasn't covered (even by the extended protection
warranty). I'm interested to seee if anyone else has had the same experience.

JOHN
'95 CC 318, 4.10 Auburn LSD, DT headers 3" gibson exhaust with catgo
high-flow cat (3"inlet/outlet) with 3" pipe from headrer Y to cat,MSD digital
6+, MSD HVC coil, MSD 8.5mm wires, HD cap&rotor, K&N filter, MP PCM, 180
degree thermostat

future mods planned: Perf Throttle body, MP single plane intake, Balanced
injectors, MP aluminum heads, cam/lifters/valve springs/roller rockers,
Polyurethane front end and suspension components, aluminum driveshafts, 16x8
rear wheels, fiberglass hood w/air grabber intake (air inlet systems),
Transgo shift kit.