Re: stereo help

From: Stephen Cecil (scecil@npc.net)
Date: Tue Sep 19 2000 - 10:50:34 EDT

I agree with Dester. I have the MTX thunderform w/6000's in my Club Cab. I
have been (mostly) happy with the sound and quality of the box.

The install is a bit more difficult than the instructions make it out to be.
You need a T-50 Torx bit (I went to 3 different shops for this - the
instructions didn't mention the size or need for this tool) to get the seatbelt
mounts off. Also, only 3 of the 5 bolt mounts for the box fit, but the box
hasn't shifted at all.

I am running a 200watt RMS bridged PPI2050M (almost 12 years old and still
thumping) and I can rattle most of the interior panels now!

Some on the list have replaced the MTX's with IDQ Drivers. I plan to keep the
box, but I might upgrade the speakers as the budget allows.

Steve
00 CC 4.7L Semi-Hemi Auto 3.55 LSD