RE: stereo help

From: Brown, Mike (CAD) (MBrown@ciena.com)
Date: Tue Sep 19 2000 - 14:02:54 EDT

Just to jump on the thread...

        I have an MTX Thunder-5400 Amp (800 watts/5 channel), with an MTX Thunderform box.
I had the box preloaded with MTX-5000, but after a year and a half one of the subs blew
and the other was on its way. When the sub blew it changed the impedance load on the
speaker and therefore damaged the sub output on my amp. (Sound familiar Dester...?)
After having the amp fixed I now have a set of MTX-6000. The major difference is it
has a dual voice coil verses a single voice coil. (resulting in more continuous power).

To make a long story short...the thunderform was $369 loaded, than replacing the subs cost another
$200.

My opinion is it is the best alternative to adding a sub without sacrificing precious space/seating.

-Hope this helps...

-Mike Brown
Pasadena, MD.
97-Dakota Club Cab,5.2L, 4X4, 7" Lift, 35"x12.50" BFG A/T.

http://www.geocities.com/mbrowwwn/index.html