RE: Why I don't like PVC tubes on my intake

From: Barret, Matt (MATT_BARRET@earthtech.com)
Date: Tue Sep 19 2000 - 11:12:55 EDT

Marty, I'm using 3 rubber 90 degree elbows that are connected with 4" pieces
of PVC pipe. So on my setup there is very little PVC. I agree with your
point about the shattering of the plastic, but if my truck is hit hard
enough to break the PVC, More than likely it will be totaled. My system also
is not bolted firm in place, it can move , so if it does get hit there is
some movement in the system, as well as movement in the rubber elbows.

Your post about the air hat is interesting, I am still trying to digest it
fully. Give it a try and see what happens, I know after I removed the air
hat and air box totally, the performance increase was significant.

Matt--VA--Y2K-HEMI `00 Sport Plus RC
4.7L 5spd. 9 1/4 3.92 LSD, Homemade air intake,
T-Bars, Spring clamps, Mobil 1,Hoosiers
3" Flowmaster cat-back,14.48 @ 92.40 MPH
209.9 RWHP/285 RWTQ
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ