Re: Tie-Downs

From: Mr. Plow (adam_is_mr_plow@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Sep 19 2000 - 11:23:28 EDT

That's a pretty cool idea Peacher, BUT those little keychain biners aren't
gonna hold too much weight/pressure. If you have a place nearby that sells
real climbing gear, get some REAL biners that fit into the same spots.
Usually they are rated upwards of 2000 lbs. I've personally snapped a
couple of those keychain biners, was kinda funny. One time i was riding my
mountain bike and it was hanging from my backpack. I took a little tumble
through a little gully (i was going a might bit too quick hehe). Basically
the pack took the hit as i rolled across a large rock, and the biner snapped
into about 12-13 pieces.

But, those true biners, i've seen a couple have spider cracks in them, but
never seen a totally busted one.

The Adam Blaster