Re: Rear brakes 9" or 10"

From: DICEMAN469@aol.com
Date: Tue Sep 19 2000 - 15:29:44 EDT

In a message dated 9/19/00 3:14:40 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
dakota1994@hotmail.com writes:

> i think it's about time i replace my rear brakes soon. i've never looked
at
> them and it's a 94, so i may as well change them. i was looking in my
FSM,
> thanks tim, and it looks like there were 2 different drums on the back for
> my truck. is there a way to tell what brakes i have without taking the
drum

> off and measuring it?? i won't being doing this job for a few weeks, so i
> have time to make sure things are right.

You probably have the 9" due to you having the sixer. I have the 10" but
that's because mine started off as a work special, so I got heavy-duty
everything. I may be wrong though, the only way to truly know is perhaps the
dealer sticker, or it may even be in the VIN somewhere. The best way of
course is it take it off and measure. Take your tire off and the drum will
easily slide off, just make sure the parking brake is off....

-Austin
Vipertruck - "The Anti-Rice"
Supercharged 3.9L - 360 Work in progress
<A HREF="www.angelfire.com/ny/vipertruck">The Vipertruck</A>