Issues (dealer/warranty)..help!

From: jason nahrgang (jasonnahrgang@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Sep 19 2000 - 19:48:56 EDT

Just had my brakes checked at Midas...brakes are good, ball joints are
"hammered." I went across the street to the dealership and told them the
story. Predictably, they guffawed at Midas and said maybe, maybe not on the
ball joints. My warranty covers them ($50 deductable) but they want $60 to
align the thing in addition! Is it just me or should't that be covered too?
  Seems to me that I wouldn't need an alignment unless the ball joints were
bad. Any thoughts? Also, does anyone have a TSB number for the ball
joints? TIA

Jason Nahrgang
Moss Green '97 V8 4x4 SLT+ 5spd
Custom tow hooks, Quick D TB