Intake Question

From: Tim Berry (coolva1@home.com)
Date: Tue Sep 19 2000 - 21:10:48 EDT

Okie..
There is a guy on the Moparchat.com page who just installed a Powerdyne 6#
on his 99 RC RT and ran a 13.5@102 (best before was 14.9@91
His is stock except exhaust mods...
I have a crappy intake I modified on mine (cut the runners and plenum
divider 2") its real messy inside... =-)
Should I try my stock intake back on with the SCer?
I only went from mid 15's@mid80's to 14.92@91.8...
i now have the 9# pully, 24# injectors, Computer, blah blah blah... ya get
the picture...
Do you think the stock intake would do me better? I know I have a smaller
engine, but he gained about 110HP from 6#'s and 19# injectors!!!
I remember when I put that intake on, I lost a crap load of low end... I
couldent even bark the tires... could this be my bottle neck?
Need Suggestions....
BTW, I'm still gonna get an M1, just thats gonna be a month or so... and I
have the stocker here, and goin to the track the 30th...
Tim Berry
Chesapeake, VA
97 CC, 4x2, auto, 318
Best 1/4: 13.84@99.33 (intake limited?)