Re: 4.7L Airhat Question - Marty

From: Marty Galyean (mgalyean@acm.org)
Date: Tue Sep 19 2000 - 21:37:30 EDT

Probaby the first case, not the reverse.

But, its complicated. I think that the resonance of your average po-boy intake
tube would be higher frequency since the volume is less (its more complicated
than that but thats the gist). A real long intake tube might have better low
rpm ram effect than stock. I was just putting together the fact that many who
go to the tube mention a loss of low end, and how it kicks ass as the rpms get
up there with the fact that there is this bose chamber in the air hat. Not
very scientific really, just food for thought.