RE: stereo help

From: Chuong Nguyen (dester223@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Sep 20 2000 - 00:27:45 EDT

Yes. The instructions are fairly detailed from MTX

here's a little breakdown

1) plan about 3 hours to install it (don't be like me and attempt to
install it at 3 a.m. just becasue you got home late from a buddy's house to
see a HUGE box sitting at your door saying "MTX" on it and you're just DYING
to see how it sounds)

2) have your basic tools. if you don't have a torx-50 bit like another
DMLER stated to remove the nuts that hold the seatbelt to, just use a pair
of vise-grips and turn counterclockwise to open.

3) there is a trim panel right under the rear slider, just pry up on one
side and pull it off. about 12 little snap in place screws. put someone
out of the truck..

4) remove the 4 screws (behind the panel that was just removed) it should
be on the panels that are attached to the side.

5) on the door SILL pieces, just pull them and they should slide off,

6) the tricky part here is to now pull on the side panel pieces in the back.
  There are little snap in place screws everywhere. but just pry slowly and
get those little suckers out of there. when all are popped... the seatbelt
will still be attached to the seat, so I jsut extended my seatbelt out all
the way and put hte panels outside still attached to the seat belt.

7) locate the 5 screws that hold in the storage tray. removeing the 2 top
panels of the storage tray and taking htem out will help. Take the 5 bolts
out of the storage tray (and disconnect the seatbelt harness. it has a
little button on the back of the black piece that holds the seatbelts in
place and that is essential to freeing up the seatbelts and getting that
storage tray out) once those are out... just left on the front of the
storage tray. pull and attempt to get it out of the truck.

install of the T-from is quite the exact opposite. Just pound on teh front
of the t-form until it just FALLS into place... try to re-install the 5
bolts (I only got 2 or 3 back in) and hook up your amp.

have fun.
-Dester