Tire sizes for my dak??

From: PoohDog629@aol.com
Date: Wed Sep 20 2000 - 00:30:59 EDT

I was possibly looking to purchase some tires new dakota. I have a '98 cc slt
that's 2wd with the stock 15x7 rims and 225/75r15 on them. What I want is
something a little wider and lower profile to make the truck look a little
lower and a bit tougher without throwing off the speedo too much. I was
looking at the tire calculator on the mailing lists homepage and found that
the 255/60/15 are close to the stock 215/75r15, but I wasn't sure if I could
squeeze them under the wheel wells. I was also looking at some 235/70r15's,
but these are obviously not that much of a change in the dimensions. I was
just looking for some comments on what would look good and if anybody has
some pictures with a similar setup on their daks so I could see for myself
what kind of difference it would make. I'm still new to the list having only
been on for a couple of weeks and I have already learned so much about my
truck it's unbelievable. You guys are definitely the all knowing when it
comes to dakotas. Sorry for the length on the post and thanx for any info.

Mike