Re: Tire sizes for my dak??

From: Aaron Braun (zanphier@bellsouth.net)
Date: Wed Sep 20 2000 - 07:41:54 EDT

I have nearly an identical truck. When my cheapie Goodyears decided to try
and fall off at the rim, I went to a 225/70r15 Bridgestone Dueler APT. WORLD
of difference, while the ride height sunk about 1/2" after consistent
driving, it takes on a more bulldog stance as I like to call it. I went from
barely able to head down a dirt road at 20mph with little control, to flying
down a dirt road at 60mph with near perfect (as near as you can get on a
dirt road) control. You need to consider when purchasing your tires, just
exactly what you plan on doing with them and the type terrain you will be
driving on. In my case I often have to take trips down a dirt road, so I got
all-terrain tires.

I typically ask myself this small lot of questions when looking at tires.

1) What about my old tires isn't working that I need to fix?

2) What is my driving style? Aggressive? Passive?

3) What do I want from my new tires?

4) How long do I want these tires to last?

Hope that helps a bit.

Aaron da GA V6'r
1998 SLT CC, 3.9, K&N Gen II, Gibson Cat-Back 2.5" Single In/Dual Out,
Bridgestone Dueler APT (225/70R15)