Re: stereo help-burning amps

From: AWyseGuy@aol.com
Date: Wed Sep 20 2000 - 01:36:31 EDT

In a message dated 9/19/00 11:45:26 PM Central Daylight Time,
dester223@hotmail.com writes:

<< Yes. I blew 4-12" PPI subs and a 250.2 RF power amp with less than 5 hours
of total play time. Shouldn't have thumped it so hard, but better than
smoking it up at a sound competition....

Should have been running smaller fuses on the drivers.. When I loaned out
my Klipsh speakers to a local theatre for the subwoofer channel I decided it
was time to finally calculate for the right fuses.. So I took out the
20amps..and put in some 8 amps.. and they held fine.. My speakers rated at
300W each.. held up to a week at 1100W; while we waited for JBL to ship him
his replacements.

<< Since then, the current 2-12" audiobahns with an opti 2500 has hit 136.7
dB
@ around 33 hz. I should tune my box smaller to hit those upper
frequencies, but I like it low where you can FEEL it... >>

How's your freq response? Does it maintain pretty good through most of the
freq range? I'd aim for how low you can get it to hit.. My brother & I hit
134 dB one day when we were playing around with the service truck running
parts.. One would handle driving and working the tapedeck.. while the other
was adding more components and measuring levels in the van. By the time we
were done.. we had 980W, 2 18's, 2 15's, 2 6x9's, and a 3" JBL Tweeter &
horn assemble..
The trucks basic system was just the 2 18's and the 6x9's with the 980 W to
them. All tucked neatly out of the way. after wall.. it was a work truck..
we needed room to haul things in it

Aaron