Re: MSD choice

From: Terry Herrin (therrin@isaac.net)
Date: Wed Sep 20 2000 - 17:38:03 EDT

On Tue, 19 Sep 2000 21:05:43 EDT, TEDSDAKOTA@aol.com wrote:
> Waste of money,, False sense of security..People have tested w/wo,, MSD
>looses...

Sorry, but I have hard dyno proof that the MSD 6A and Blaster SS coil
makes 10hp over the stock ignition at 3500rpm on my truck. I did two
dyno runs back to back, and I let the engine cool down between the two
runs. Here are the results, the dyno doesn't lie.
http://users.isaac.net/therrin/dyno2_052000.jpg
Now, look real close at the two runs from 3300 to 3500rpm. See how
the stock ignition in red flattens out at 195hp, while the MSD in
purple climbs rapidly from 195hp to 205hp? Well, I can feel that in
the ol' butt dyno. As the tach approaches 3500rpm with the MSD it's
like a big hand hits the tailgate and gives a shove. That effect is
gone when I switch back to stock. Now, I can't say the MSD will work
well for everybody, but it definitely improves the performance of my
R/T.

Terry Herrin
99 FR CC R/T
14.769 @ 91.43