What's all the upror about this virus

From: Jay Dodge (jdodge@telusplanet.net)
Date: Fri Sep 22 2000 - 02:13:43 EDT

Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 15:53:47
From: Bob Tom <tigers@bserv.com>
Subject: RE: DML: VIRUS WARNING

At 12:33 PM 9/21/00 -0400, you wrote:
>Using an antivirus program that scans email and attachments, is
probably the
>best way to go. If any of you need a good anti-virus program you can
get
>Inoculan from computer associates for free at http://antivirus.cai.com/

>Jamy

Of course, you could use Windows 3.1, as I do :-) Please don't send
me any virus for testing purposes.

Bob

Well Bob your not the only one, and i'm not that out dated (no offends
or anything) it's just that I run a Macintosh. I got the same message
as did every one and I am still looking for the virus, or anything that
may look like one. As for virus checkers or scanners all got is some
old copies on floppy but haven't used one in over 5 years and still
virus free as long as I know anyway. Now if I was to send someone
e-mail or a file from my computer I could very well send a virus that
could kill there system but not hurt mine, in any way this is why I
sending out this message as I don't want to do that to anyone. But I
looked for this thing and can't find it. I ran a couple of scanners and
came up clean, and yes I didn't use the old copies I got some newer ones
to run but still nothing. I hit the url and all found some stupid page
about a hacker that should still be in jail :) anyway I have look for
the file mention but can't find anything, I use digest mode and didn't
see a attachment can anyone help me out to make sure I don't pass this
dam thing on to anyone.

Thanks

Jay Dodge