ABS works in reverse too!

From: Michael Clark (mike@mikesdakota.com)
Date: Fri Sep 22 2000 - 14:03:02 EDT

Just got back from the muffler shop (no there's no surprises coming
up in Baytown tomorrow just had to get a rattle fixed). Any way, 5
minute job and they guy tells me to drive off. The lift is one of
those that the front wheels get pushed across on a skid. Anyway I
start backing up which pulls the front wheels back and I'm moving a
little bit faster than what I like so I push the brake and get nothing
but "click click click..." not a good feeling. Anyway I was just
surprised that ABS works in reverse too! Can anyone think of how this
would be beneficial in any type of real driving situation? What if
you are backing down a boat ramp say, and your fronts loose traction
and the abs then lets go of the rear??? That would REALLY be a not
good feeling.

On a side note I asked the muffler guy if he could put some exhaust
flages before and after the converter so I could delete it at the
track with a straight pipe. He said he couldn't do anything like
that, BUT - if I cut the cat off and brought it in he could set me
up..... cool! Where's that reciprocating saw.......

--Mike www.mikesdakota.com