Re: motor weight

From: AWyseGuy@aol.com
Date: Sat Sep 23 2000 - 22:52:14 EDT

In a message dated 9/23/2000 7:33:32 PM Central Daylight Time,
jon@fast4x4.net writes:

<<
I've had yet another offer I can't really pass up.... =) can anyone tell
me (ballpark) how much the 318/360 bottom end weighs? without the heads on
there I think me and a buddy can lift the motor out w/o having me buy a
cherry picker..

I haven't got a listed weight for the short block assembly.. but 2 guys with
a bar and some chain should be able to lift it out.. it will still be heavy.
 I've carried a 340 short block before by myself.. and it's no fun at all.
If you have access to rent or borrow one without a major investment.. it's
worth the money spent. Keep in mind.. only have to lost your grip for a
second.. and the entire project can make a major turn for the worse.
An ounce of prevention....
Aaron
95 Dakota Sport
86 Shelby Charger Turbo