RE: MSD Problems - need help fast

From: ABeerCan@aol.com
Date: Sat Sep 23 2000 - 23:07:20 EDT

Yeah, I tried running a wire sraigh from he battery to the red switched wire,
no response. I used a different coil, no fire. I tried direct battery
contacts, no fire. I decided to see if there was any fire whatsoever in the
Accel coil, so I disconnected the coil wire and stuck my thumb on it, no
fire, not even a slight tickle. I probed the red wire while cranking, and it
is getting 12 volts to it while cranking, but with just the ignition key on,
no power. Could someone please do me a favor and check their green/orange
ignition wire with just the key on, motor not running, and see if you have
voltage? Please do this especially if you have a MSD unit with your red wire
hooked up to the green/orange wire. Thanks

Will
96 Dakota V-6 (has MSD, but no MSD fire yet :o(