Re: RE: 4.7L Thermostat.

From: Tim Berry (coolva1@home.com)
Date: Sat Sep 23 2000 - 23:48:39 EDT

I have the 160F T-stat, yet, my A/F meter shows the computer plays with the
A/F ratio as soon as the o2 sensor is warmed up, the needle isnt even off of
the 130 mark before it does it (less than 1 min after starting the truck)
It may be different though on other trucks.. but thats how mine plays with
it...
___________________
Tim Berry
Chesapeake, VA
97 CC, 4x2, auto, 318
Best 1/4: 13.84@99.33
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ
> I'm always a little leery of going below 180 though some of the folks here
> have done that with no adverse effects. Sometimes, depending on the
> accuracy of your t-stat and your temp sensors that send info to the PCM,
you
> may end up in an open-loop condition which means your engine will be
running
> rich all the time because the PCM doesn't think your engine is warmed up
> yet. There's actually a lot more to it than just that but that's the gist
> of it.
>
> Ron
> 00 SLT QC 4X2 5.9 46RE 3.92 LSD
> For modifications see my DML Profile