Re: Header flanges--ATTN Jon S

From: Jon (jon@dakota-truck.net)
Date: Sun Sep 24 2000 - 17:08:39 EDT

On Sat, 23 Sep 2000, Jon Smith wrote:

> Hey Jon, since i've got the motor apart do you want me to take my headers
> down and see if i can get a set of flanges made up for you?

  Jon,

  Thanks, I appreciate the offer. However, when I was talking with
Chris at the track last wed., he said that he knows a guy with a CNC
plasma cutter who could put 'em in the computer and spit out as many as
I need. I think all I'd need to do is give him an exhaust gasket to
copy. ? Anyway, I'm still considering my various options, but if
I need to have some made, I'll probably go through Chris due to the
closer distance for shipping and such. What I'm *really* hoping for
is to get somebody like Mike Leach or JBA to make the headers for
me. I haven't checked on that angle yet, but if the price is right,
I'd really like to go that way, for quality control, to eliminate the
need to send them out seperately for coating, and mostly so I don't
have to spend every waking moment welding up headers by hand! :-)

  Again, thanks for the offer!
                                              -Jon-

  .---- Jon Steiger ----- jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@twistedbits.net ------.
  | Affiliations: AOPA, DoD, EAA, NMA, NRA, SPA, USUA; Rec & UL Pilot - SEL |
  | '92 Ram 150 4x4 V8, '96 Dakota V8, '96 Intruder 1400, '96 FireFly 447 |
  `------------------------------ http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/ ----'