Houston Weekend!!

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Sun Sep 24 2000 - 23:20:06 EDT

This one goes out to all who attended the Houston Raceway Park Meet this
weekend. I was real happy to see some of the old faces again (as well as
some new ones) and had one hell of a time! :)

Richard: Damn....I almost had ya!
Blane: I Gotcha Sucker!! (Good Beer too!)
Mike (Yellow R/T): Very impressive!
Mike (Green Dak): Didn't you run this weekend?
Gene: STILL the king of the track
Rene (Gene's Wife): My hats off to you Rene. You did one hell of a job in
the registration booth!
Dan: Uhhhh....don't forget to turn the bottles on next time. ;) (She runs
GOOD though!)
The guy in the Red R/T: Stop picking on Vipers! (Yup...he almost had one
beat in the 1/4 mile...by INCHES!)
Will: Hey...I saw a spot on the underside of your truck! (Congrats on the
Dakota Award!!)
Alan: Ya got totally jipped on the burnout contest...but ya still left with
your pride. :)
The Guy in the Blue Flaming Dakota (Sorry...forgot your name): It's all in
the paint job!
Kenny: HEY...got some more sun block I can borrow? (He helped out A LOT on
the radio and coordination for us.) Let me know if you need help lynching
your dealer for the screwups on the truck.
Jim: I figured out why you weren't consistent...all those 'Cuda parts in
the bed.
And everyone else who I may have forgotten...thanks for one hell of a
weekend!

So here's the low down on the trucks performance this weekend:

BEST RUN (Ever)
R/T: .568
60': 2.279
330: 6.573
1/8: 10.21 @ 68.36mph
1000' 13.34
1/4: 16.016 @ 84.04

We were SOOOOOO close to the 15's but just couldn't get it out of her this
weekend. The humidity and heat was really screwing with most of us anyway.
I'm still VERY happy with the trucks performance and can't wait to get the
50HP shot installed and working now. 15.6's are within reach for the
4000+lb "Prerunner" Dak.

BTW: Yes, I had a 1/4 mile run with a 26.416 @ 36.35mph. The heat got to
the fuel system (after 3 back-to-back runs without any cool-down) and she
bogged down right after the launch. I did get everything figured out with
reaction times and launch RPM's so she's now launching .56x - .63x R/T
consistently. (10 minute cooldowns with the electric fan and launch at
2600rpm.)

Bernd D. Ratsch
Pflugerville, TX
bernd@texas.net