Re: Houston Weekend!!

From: Michael Clark (mike@mikesdakota.com)
Date: Tue Sep 26 2000 - 01:37:27 EDT

Sunday, September 24, 2000, 10:20:06 PM, you wrote:

> This one goes out to all who attended the Houston Raceway Park Meet this
> weekend. I was real happy to see some of the old faces again (as well as
> some new ones) and had one hell of a time! :)

> Mike (Green Dak): Didn't you run this weekend?

Yeah, I ran on Saturday but not Sunday. I was very surprised at how
inconsistently the truck ran. First run was an all time worse of 15.6!
 That wasn't too bad considering how bad the humidity was but I was
 expecting more. But by the time I finished up I ran a best of 15.08.
  The 15.08 came on the third round of eliminations. I dialed a 15.25
  (I had just run a 15.29 and just knew she was dialed in to kill) I
  lined up against a yellow Dak with an identical dial in. I knew I
  needed to win this one at the tree and I did, and by the time I got
  near the finish line I was about 3 truck lengths ahead. So I hit
  the brakes at the top of the run but just didn't hit them hard
  enough I guess. That run would have been a solid 14.9X and maybe a
  bit faster. Finally that was the kind of numbers I was expecting.
  Hey, if I have to loose I'd rather loose because I'm too fast!

> So here's the low down on the trucks performance this weekend:

> BEST RUN (Ever)
> R/T: .568
> 60': 2.279
> 330: 6.573
> 1/8: 10.21 @ 68.36mph
> 1000' 13.34
> 1/4: 16.016 @ 84.04

Bernd I was impressed with how you were running! Some nice cold
weather and the 50 shot and you should be in mid 15's with little
difficulty. For a sixer with big tires and all jacked up that is
incredible!!

I also want to thank Gene and Renee for all the work they did to pull
this off you guys are great! I didn't get around to meeting many of
the new guys but there's always next year.

Will: I knew you would take home a trophy.

Richard: You also won a trophy?

--Mike www.mikesdakota.com