Re: True or False?? RE RE Transmission

From: Tim (magnum318@uswest.net)
Date: Mon Sep 25 2000 - 00:04:44 EDT

 That would be true, BUT, you'll also need the bell-housing,
clutch,throw-out bearing, ALL clutch linkages, and clutch and brake pedal
assembly for inside the cab. Don't forget to get a 5-speed shifter also. It
isn't as hard as it sounds,I've done it to many ford's and gm's before. It
would of course to have a few friends and a few beers around, cause you'll
be under the truck for quite sometime--usually takes a weekend if you know
what you're doing. Don't forget to change out the drive shaft also and to
have the proper computer module to transfer from the automatic to the
manual. Also put the transmission in first then the shifter to get the
proper location for the linkage.
  Tim R.