melted spark plug electrodes- long! (help!)

From: Darren Asuncion (dakotaguy1999@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Sep 25 2000 - 03:41:30 EDT

Hi there,

Well I finally got around to putting in new spark plugs (Autolite 3923's),
and well my truck runs unbelievably better! (Chevy S-10's and V6 Dak'ers can
no longer outrun me) The thing I'm worried about is the spark plug I pulled
from #4 cylinder has what appears to be a melted ground electrode. The
other 7 spark plugs have a dark red (purple?) deposit on them (no melting)
and varying gaps from .045-.080. I'll try to get pics as soon as I can (if
anyone's interested). My truck previously had a pinging problem which was
pretty much fixed with the spark plug rerouting and belly pan gasket fix.
I'm thinking the melted spark plug was caused by the pinging it had in the
past, and I was wondering if my engine could have been ruined by chunks of
the spark plug in the cylinder? The warranty on my truck is almost over
(its at 30k miles) and I need to get ideas of what I should do. Its going
to the shop on tuesday to get a catalytic converter rattle and exhaust
manifold leak checked (and I'm going to check on the brake line recall
also). Anyway thanks for reading this long post, and if anyone has ideas
for what I should do next - please e-mail me privately at
dakotaguy1999@yahoo.com .

-Darren (in Alaska)
'99 Intense Blue CC Sport +, 4x4, 5.2 V8, 44RE auto, 3.55 lsd, 4wheel ABS
http://www.geocities.com/dakotaguy1999/dakota.html