Re: Flash The Computer???

From: David A (dodgedakotaquadcab@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Sep 25 2000 - 08:09:38 EDT

I bought my Dak from Don Miller Dodge(Madison,Wi)
Recently when i told them it was pinging(3.9 Magnum V6),they told me:

#1...Dont use Superamerica or Phillips 66 gasoline
#2...Use Citgo,Amoco,or Mobil(something bout less additives)
#3...I would need to come back in and have them "flash" the computer.

Ok,here in lies my question.When i put in the "Home Brew" Air Intake,and
follow the instrutions posted here,and disconnect the proper cables,is this
also considered "Flashing the Computer?"

How can a Dakota thats pinging be re-set?

Right now i am running 89/90 octane Citgo,with no apparent pinging.

David