Peerless Force 4 AT Tires/BFG Problems

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Mon Sep 25 2000 - 16:45:28 EDT

I am having severe trouble finding BFG AT KO tires in my area; for a price I
want to pay. I dont want to order them through an online tire place either.
The shop where I wanted to get them from(I called for an appointment today),
only has 2 in stock, and their supplier in South Caroline cant get them
either. They guy said there is a national shortage, due to the whole thing
with Ford/Firestone. And I am so lucky to have this popular recall size,
LT235s!!! This shop quoted me at $428 for the BFG AT KO, and that really is
my limit right now for tires. All the other tire shops in the area quoted me
$495+ for the tires.

Can anyone provide me with some info on the Force 4 tires? I have this tire
as a spare, and it 'seems' to have a somewhat aggressive tread, but I dont
have real world experience with this tire. The tread is kind of similar to
the BFGs, and they are only $67 a tire, compared to $95 a tire for the BFGs.
Thanks a ton!!
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6