Re: Peerless Force 4 AT Tires/BFG Problems

From: mike d. (miggitymike@juno.com)
Date: Mon Sep 25 2000 - 18:31:23 EDT

Kyle,
just take my approach: no better reason than to go ahead and get those
31's!!
=)
I mean, my 6er went out so I figured while I was under the hood...
hehehehe

-miggity

miggitymike@juno.com
PROJECT 13's ---> slammed 88 Dakota w/360 swap in progress!

http://surf.to/Project13s

On Mon, 25 Sep 2000 15:45:28 -0500 "Kyle Kozubal" <grndak4x4@home.com>
writes:
> I am having severe trouble finding BFG AT KO tires in my area; for a
> price I
> want to pay. I dont want to order them through an online tire place
> either.
> The shop where I wanted to get them from(I called for an appointment
> today),
> only has 2 in stock, and their supplier in South Caroline cant get
> them
> either. They guy said there is a national shortage, due to the whole
> thing
> with Ford/Firestone. And I am so lucky to have this popular recall
> size,
> LT235s!!! This shop quoted me at $428 for the BFG AT KO, and that
> really is
> my limit right now for tires. All the other tire shops in the area
> quoted me
> $495+ for the tires.
>
> Can anyone provide me with some info on the Force 4 tires? I have
> this tire
> as a spare, and it 'seems' to have a somewhat aggressive tread, but
> I dont
> have real world experience with this tire. The tread is kind of
> similar to
> the BFGs, and they are only $67 a tire, compared to $95 a tire for
> the BFGs.
> Thanks a ton!!
> Kyle
> 93 Dakota 4x4 V6